What is a Permanent Resident Permit as a Foreign National of Specific countries that maintain friendly, professional, economic investment relations with the Republic of Panama, better known as the permanent resident permit of friendly countries?
Panama establishes specific requirements for citizens of those countries that have maintained friendly, professional and collaborative relations with the Republic of Panama. The requirements it offers are advantageous, if compared to those requested for other permits
There are 50 (so far) countries that are on the list of friendly countries:
What if there are descendants?
In the case that there are dependents, documents must be provided that certify the relationship between the applicant and these descendants, that is to say:
1. Proof of relationship (Birth certificate of the children where the filiation with the applicant is stated, this document must be apostilled by the authorities of the country that issues it).
2. Letter of responsibility (we help the applicant with the content).
3. Proof of address. This means a certificate of registration or equivalent where it is stated that the descendants live together.
4. If they are of legal age, proof of studies and certificate of single status or equivalent is required.
Requirements when applying for a permanent residence permit as a citizen of a friendly country
The requirements for applying for this permit are as follows:
1. Power of Attorney and Application. Both documents must be notarized and countersigned by a qualified Panamanian attorney.
2. Three (3) photographs of the applicant for the permit.
3. Copy of the applicant’s passport (checked before a Panamanian notary or responsible authority).
4.Certificate of Criminal Record from the applicant’s country of origin. Must not be more than 3 months old at the time the documents are presented.
5. Health Certificate (we can assist in obtaining it).
6. Certified Check for B/250.00 in favor of the National Treasury.
Certified Check for B/800.00 in favor of the National Immigration Service
Personal History Affidavit Form (we provide information on this form).
9. Document that demonstrates the purpose of establishing your residence in the country. In this case, the documents will depend on the economic activity carried out by the applicant:
9.1 If the applicant for this permit is an entrepreneur, he must attach a written Declaration indicating the economic activity he is engaged in, as well as documentation proving that he is a member of the management team or the Board of Directors of the Company for which he works or provides services. If you are a shareholder of a company, you must prove this by means of a certificate from the public registry of the country where the company was created.
9.2 In the event that the applicant is going to engage in an activity of a strictly professional nature, he must show proof of his employment contract, as well as proof that the company that hires him is registered in the Panamanian Social Security system and that he has a Social Security card and Work Permit in Panama. In other words, the purpose of this declaration is to provide documents that support your income in order to live or maintain yourself in the country.
10. Copy of Document or Identity Card of the applicant.
11. Bank certification or statement of the last month that reflects a balance of not less than four figures average or other evidence of income and that is acceptable to the National Immigration Service.
12. Proof of address (water, electricity or telephone bills or receipt from the hotel where the applicant is staying).
Fixed costs to be paid by the applicant
Management fees USD$503.00 (This amount does not include: Certified Check for USD$250.00 in favor of the National Treasury and Certified Check for USD$800.00 in favor of the National Immigration Service).
Professional fees for lawyers USD$1,200 Other expenses Multiple Visa USD$150.00, the same is not a requirement for the procedure but if you leave the country without it, it carries a fine of USD$2,000.00.
How does it work?
Answers some questions
Tell Us what permit do you need?
We do the paperwork
We manage your application
Express delivery to your home
We manage it and send express delivery to your home